Another tribute to fall! I made Butternut Squash soup for lunch today. Hapa Baby loved it so much I got a “Good!” and a nod. Then she began shoveling soup into her eager, happy toddler mouth. I tried to pull the soup away before she was completely done, but she began to scream.
And, everyone, that is probably the best praise I could have gotten. Ever. No one has ever screamed for my soup before!
It took me less than ten minutes to prepare because I used frozen squash instead of the real one. (I’m bad, I know!)
So, I thought I would pass on my recipe:
1 bag of frozen butternut squash
1 medium onion
2 cups vegetable stock
2 tbsp butter
.5 cup Parmesan
.5 cup soy milk
Dash of curry powder
Dash of Paprika
Dash of Salt
- Dice Onions
- Heat butter in a large pot
- Throw onions in butter
- Sauté until translucent
- Add frozen squash
- Cook until both onion and squash are softened
- Add vegetable broth
- Boil soup for 5 minutes
- Add Parmesan – melt
- Add soy milk & stir
- Add salt & curry powder to taste
- Wait till soup cools down
- Add to blender in manageable parts (1 cup per blending)
- Blend until smooth.
- Add parts back to pot and heat a little more.
- Pour into bowls and decorate with dashes of paprika
I served it with Challah, but you can serve it with anything! It’s great for a fall day. It warms you up immediately!