I love the Holiday Season. I feel like it is a time for giving and feeling grateful for everything you have. I am always grateful for all the blessings that have been given to me, and try to help out (donate or volunteer) often, but during the Holiday Season I try to do this more.
The holiday season isn’t about the gifts I receive, but what I can give. I wasn’t able to do much last year since our budget was very tight, but this year, since I have a part time job, I have been trying to do more random acts of kindness. From purchasing museum admission tickets for the family behind me to donating a Thanksgiving dinner to a family in need to offering help when it isn’t requested.
This Holiday Season, I urge you to reach out to others and give what you can — even a smile or a helping hand goes a long way.
Here are some ideas on how you can make someone’s day this year:
- Purchase a cup of coffee for the person behind you
- Keep old coats that no longer fit in your car and hand them out to a person that feels cold
- When traveling, offer a helping hand on the plane when you see someone with their arms full
- Donate to the food bank
- Donate to a toy drive
- Donate to a non-profit organization
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
These are just some ideas, but I’m sure there are a lot more out there! Please leave your ideas, or what you have done to help out, in the comments. Let’s celebrate a season of giving!